Monday, April 26, 2010

Be warned!!! This post has been edited!!!

(Rather than do another post today I merely edited this one. I put in some additional comments, but basically I decided to leave this up for another day or so...Jammie )

Before I get to the pictures of the move itself... "Above the Timberline" (in acrylic) is finished and framed and.....ready to go to a new home in a college town in this state.

Just a photo of my "jamjar"...in case any of you didn't believe that I actually signed this way!

Now... all of you sweet, sweet readers who aren't related to SonMarie and The Attorney, will probably want to just skim on down through this posting.

If you continue to read down through this post you might be bored to death and this site carries no insurance so you'll be on your own.
...Okay...You've been warned!
Proceed at your own risk!!!!


That is just to let you know that I took a lot of pictures. I had so much fun helping them move into their first "real" home--meaning not a rental---that I couldn't resist taking a ton of pictures. When I left I even found myself thanking "the Attorney" for letting me come to help!

It threatened to rain all day-but praise the Lord, it never did. It was cloudy though and I, for one, can't wait to see this home in the sunshine.

Their open door policy: Carry something and you're welcome!
"I'm here to help but I'm not actually going to lift anything!"

Suzy -Q, my co-n-law, was already inside ready to work!


Our wonderful son-n-law is the "workingest" guy I've ever seen.
Every photo I got of him all weekend...he was hard at it! Never rested for a minute!
Love that in a son-n-law!


One of their invaluable friends, Chris, who willingly worked hard all day for nothing,
but a piece of pizza!




Katie and Peter came and worked like the true friends they are.


SonMarie and the Attorney are so blessed to have such selfless friends!!
Peter and Katie on the back deck overlooking the basketball court!

Suzy-Q trying to make heads or tails of the mess of boxes!!!
... and Yes, I am the only one who didn't work lifting boxes!! All I did was unpack boxes and get in people's way!


Dad Donald worked himself into back strain!

...Or was that just a way of getting out of work?

the kitchen before Katie, Suzy-Q and SonMarie began the unpacking...
Three hours and three workers later the kitchen looked like this!!!




Front Room...A wing back chair goes where the desk chair is currently sitting.

Johnny Mike was there to help!! He is good at putting things together, like computer desks!


Dad Donald made these bookshelves. He is very handy with power tools!!


Off of the front room is the dining room...it has a rich red wall.

"Well, lookie there, 'Above the Timberline' has found it's new home".
In the corner is the antique hutch daddy "Doc" bought for SonMarie 8 years ago. It has been waiting patiently for a place of honor for lo these eight years!


Added during editing: In the following picture you can get a good view of SonMarie's antique hutch. It is full of glorious wedding presents of crystal and silver and handpainted china that she has had packed away all these months since the wedding. Finally she is able to display their lovely gifts and even use them!!! It was like Christmas...
"Oh, look! I'd forgotten about this vase!" and "Wow, I don't think 'The Attorney' even knows we have these plates!"
Step through the dining room into the family room. The family room connects to the master on one side and kitchen on the other. It is a very easy-flow floor plan.

Sky-dog and SonMarie...taking a break!
It can be very stressful on a Sky-dog to have to move houses!!!!
She needs to stay really close to her "mamacita".
Cowgirl-n-pearls worked her feet off and her fingers to the bones!!!
These are the only pictures we have of her feet!
We found the large clock at TJ Maxx for $12!! It was one of the few things they bought new!
It looks perfect in their family room!
Gotta' love TJ Maxx!



Added during editing: As I look through these pictures I realize how hard it will be for you to truly appreciate what this house represents to this couple.
They have sacrificed many things since they started dating 8 years ago. They have resided in different states for 3 years. They were even in different continents, once!
Neither one of them has ever lived above their pay grade. They decided to forgo an engagement "rock" rather than put marriage off any longer.
SonMarie and the Attorney put themselves through seven years of college each.
Their home for the first 2 years of marriage has been a 700 foot rental that still had dirt in it from the "dust bowl" years! That rental was a 30-something year old house during the "dust bowl"!!! We're talking old, small, cramped...well, you get the picture, right?
I'm not saying that they deserve this house 'cuz none of us ever truly deserve the blessings we receive...I'm just saying that they really and truly appreciate the blessing that this home will be for them!!!

...and now on to lighter comments...
This is what Cowgirl-n-pearls looks like when I say "act natural"!



the Pink bedroom...all ready for a sweet little sweetie pie girl!!! Hopefully!



Main Bath off of front hallway!



The guest room...Little things like headboards and wall art will come later. This bed sleeps great...trust me...Doc and I slept very soundly here on Saturday night! of course we could have been dead dog tired...but wait, I didn't lift anything, remember!?!

Now let's go out back!

Deck with flower boxes ready to be planted!


Swing set and basketball goal came with the marvelous back yard!

Their new yard has many wonderful little spots, like this bird bath area!

Deck off the kitchen

SonMarie happily smiling down on her new domain!

One last picture before we leave to go home...firewood all ready for the fire they will probably need 'cuz the weather has take a turn for the nasty!

Well that's about it for today! They still have lots to do and some things still to acquire but it is very liveable just as it is. Next Sunday, she'll host Stacey's (from Backyard Chic) wedding shower in her new home. Cowgirl-n-pearls and I will go to co-hostess. Maybe I'll take some pictures of the Master bedroom and of the fully finished basement as well as all of the bridal showering.

May God bless this home with love and laughter for many years to come!

12 comments:

  1. Her house is lovely and so is SonMarie! I am so happy for her! can't wait to see it at the shower! PBKISSES to you and your!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis---thanks for the message...we can't wait for the shower just so we get to see you and Naynay and Baby B!!! Or course, we love them all but I don't think that the boys will want to attend a girlie party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I just "found" your blog and I love it...read it every day! And, I don't even know your family and I loved watching them move in and turn their new house into a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good grief! i've never seen such an impressive move in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely first house!! Congrats to your kids! Your painting looks so nice on the dining room wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for visiting my coop! Looks like you have a nice, happy life here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this comment is not like that horrid piece of chocolate that you bite into but immediately regret. :)

    I came by from a friend's blog.

    Lovely house. What really struck me is the three coffee pots! I thought I drank a lot of coffee. :) I like the wall colours. I really need to get motivated and take care of that pink guest/play room we have. Not my favourite colour and I have a houseful of boys.

    Isn't it lovely when people help move! We had a group come from 2 1/2 hours away to help us move from Omaha into Iowa. What a blessing they were to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it makes me warm and fuzzy all over thinking about Sonita Maria in her first home...She's still a sweet LITTLE GIRL to me though in my heart. The house is gorgeous and we are so grateful and excited that she is having L's shower. It means a lot. We are so happy and excited for Soni and James and their new home. God has blessed them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your sweet, sweet, "love creme filled chocolates" comments!! It is so nice of you all to be interested in this move...It is a big deal in our family but you didn't have to be so kind about it---so thankyou! Now that they have a real home can babies be too far off? I think not!!! Living in hope! Jammie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to not just move them and leave them with boxes but tohelp them set up. I am impressed. The home is lovely..This goes to show you that anything worth while is worth waiting for. Your painting is a lovely addition to their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. Reminds me of when we purchased our first home and how my parents came and helped.

    Thanks for your comments on the mulch. I'm going to not use it next year. I think it is not good for the vegies! Not doing a vegie garden this year since hubby won't be home.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful. It is already a home! And I love your painting. Do you sell your work?

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!