Thursday, April 29, 2010

Excuse me while I have an ADD moment!


Let me just say...I was never diagnosed with ADD. I don't think it existed in the 50's. I was basically called high strung! and perhaps...energetic and teachers said I couldn't pay attention...So, you might choose to call me a normal kid. Sweet Momma Ruth gets more sympathy when I write that I have A.D.D.

Now for the ADD moment:

I am always in a hurry. I can't wait to get on to the next thing. I always start magazines and books from the back. I like to make fruit bread but not yeast bread...can't stand to wait the rising time! As a kid I skipped the proofing step in math. All of this to say..."now you know why so many of my comments have typos in them...I never proof!".

Expressions!

While shopping with my daughter and daughter-in-law-to-be last weekend, I found some ladies panties made out of denim. "Who would want underpants made our of denim?" I asked. "Mom, that isn't underwear. Those are shorts." SonMarie calmly explained.

"Well, Good Night Nurse!"
was my only response.

Cowgirl 'n Pearls looked at me and then at SonMarie and SonMarie said, while slowly shaking her head,..."Don't ask!"

I say "Good Night Nurse" when I'm at a loss for words. I got it from Sweet Momma Ruth who told me her mom, G'ma Georgie was prone to saying it! Wouldn't it be a hoot if SonMarie someday says it to her daughter?

PS...I also vowed to never utter "Good Night Nurse" and just look at me now!



Future plans:
I'm extra excited today '
cuz tomorrow I'm going south to visit my friend Dr. M, PhD and her husband, The Gentleman Farmer. You can probably guess this but...of course, I'm planning to take my camera. I'm not sure what photos I'll bring back but they should be interesting.

Beside being professionals in the "real" world. These two have Dexter cows, goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, turkeys, guinea, horses and who knows what else has been added since my last visit!

Dr. M, PhD makes bread, cheese, butter and the best baked desserts this side of heaven! (I'm holding out hope that there are baked products there. Makes it easier to pass them up down here.) The last I heard she was also writing a book. She is a Dean at the local college and more importantly a doting
gramma!

The Gentleman Farmer is semi-retired from a law practice, is remodeling their 100+ year old home, has a large garden, tends to all the animals, milks the animals and cans the produce!

When I'm around them I generally feel like a slacker!

If I can't come up with a few interesting pix I'm not worthy to call myself a blogger! Check here on Saturday...I probably won't post on Friday because I'll be too busy having fun "out in the middle of nowhere" with the barnyard animals! Stop that!! I did not just call Dr. M, PhD and The Gentleman Farmer barnyard animals!


And "in the last but not least" category:

This from today's bible study by Max Lucado...

It's not the eloquence of the prayer
but the power of the one who hears the prayer!


Love, love, love that thought!!! and---- I love you my little, sweet potato puffs!


Jammie

16 comments:

  1. I say "Good Night Nurse" all the time also. Guess I got it from you. The first time I ever stayed in a hospital (when I had Naynie) I told D Daddy that I finally knew where that expression came from.
    I said someone must have gotten tired of all the med taking and vitals checking and just said in exasperation: "GOOD NIGHT NURSE!" Maybe it was Grandma Georgie. Out of 10 babies did she ever have any in a hospital...? I wonder...? Tell Gentleman Farmer and PhD hello from me. I love those animals! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have A LOT of expressions myself--they are better than the alternative.
    Hope you have a great time with your friends!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jammie...you make me laugh!! :D Have fun visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as "hyperactive" and they put me on Ritalin. My mom says I was never the same after that.

    Well, those look like undies if you ask me! (Shudder)

    I am sure you will have a blast with your camera. We have 3 ducks and they are fun to take pictures of.

    May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get in or get out, I've got a horse to saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok-it's now 11:25 pm and I'm still giggling about the denim underwear!

    We have an expression in our house:
    "Let's Boogie on home to see Buck."
    OH YEAH, I think that came from Jammie upon her first auto purchase???

    ReplyDelete
  7. You my dear are just such a HOOT!!! You sure made me smile with this post! I will be back here often, gal! We're going to be great blogging buddies!

    I love your energy and sense of FUN!! Can't wait to get to know you better! Thank you so much for your prayers! What a blessing!
    Have a blessed Friday and weekend!
    HUGS and JOY,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Grief Gertie!! I think I use the Good Night Nurse one a lot ... even here at school...we just had 2 back to back field trips so I think that one came out a lot!! Ha...Could be worse..huh?
    Give hellos to Dr. M PHD and The Gentleman Farmer!!!! Love those peeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good night nurse..I haven't heard that in a long time...great expression...I too like well God Bless America...or Bless your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Gravy! you make my head swim.

    While reading your blog I felt like I had to go fast.

    Your spirit of living is one that I hope maybe can rub off on me.

    Look forward to coming back-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my blog was haveing an ADD moment yesterday. I could not leave you a comment.I have never heard "Good Night Nurse" but now that I have it in my head I just know it will come out some where,some place at some time.I usually say - holy smokes! Thanks for todays giggles and have a grand time visiting your friends. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jammie,
    I just wanted to stop by to meet you and thank you for becoming a follower of A Petite Cottage. I'm always thrilled to meet new people. I do hope next time you're over you leave me a comment so that I know you came by:-) Anyway, sounds like you have a fun filled weekend ahead of you...Enjoy!!! It was very nice to meet you JamJar.

    Blessings and Smiles,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, you are right about coffee. :) But there is the occasional time when I put in just the right amount of everything and it actually tastes as good as it smells. :)

    Thank you for all your sweet comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey!!! You got the header fixed! I came back to check on that. Did you resize your picture?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jammie, We probably are close in age, so I bet we did have a lot of similar clothes and hairstyles growing up. Yes, I like to think we would have been friends growing up! But since we didn't know each other back then, we will just have to make up for it now.
    If the denim shorts were short enough to be mistaken for undies, we have a problem! Could the hot pants of the 60's and 70's be making a comeback? (No, I didn't wear those... that was one thing my mother put her foot down on.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard Good Night Nurse but I love it! My husband has lots of funny sayings. I'll have to tell him that one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!