Saturday, March 20, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

Front bed on Friday...

the same bed on Saturday! Oh, Woe is me!

"What time is it?
"


...Springtime!


"Table for two on the patio?"




Will it ever be time to plant?

Might as well take a seat and wait it out!


A blanket of snow covering one of my square foot gardens.




What a difference 50 years makes!

Can you guess which one is Jammie?

You guessed it! I'm the one behind Gr'pa King, desperate for some attention!

Now, 50 years later, I have developed all kinds of ways to get attention but I still wave my arms wildly about, occasionally, just for the fun of it!


My List for today...March 20, 2010

Everyday as I drink my coffee, I start "my List". I love making lists! On "my List" I put the weather forecast, the date, my diet diary, my verse...just about everything I want to do on that particular day. My kids laugh at me because I'll put something on The List that I've already done just so I can have the pleasure of crossing it off The List!

If you click on above pic you will know that my verse is:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Eph 2. 8-9

You will see that I bought groceries, put on a pot roast, showered, filled bird feeders, put gas in the car, cleaned the freezer, straightened up my food storage area, sorted out winter clothes, etc....

You will also see what I ate . (So far so good!)

In short, you can see my whole life. I've kept lists like this ever since I can remember...and I don't throw them away. They are like a diary of my life minus any emotion. That's why I wanted a blog I guess, for the emotional stuff!

Thanks for being there for me emotionally!

7 comments:

  1. I had to giggle to myself because we make fun of "Ron" because he likes to write things down on "his list" that he has done already and then strike them out. Like brother/like sister!! Was today a shockaroo or what? I think I could slip into a fetal position....your beautiful crocus...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am a list maker too, and am kidded about it. And what a difference a day did make for you all, but please keep the snow as we are having very warm weather and I am enjoying it very much.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this snow crazy? I am a list maker too. But yours really very diary like. And you get almost all the things on your list done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi--
    I toodled over from "Two Crazy Crafters."
    First let me say "Welcome to blogland"
    looks like you are ewnjoying yourself!
    Love your funny stories--how do you keep track of EVERYONE? Goodness.
    We have something in common--we both live in Kansas! We live close to Kansas City.
    Come by Dreaming sometime and join the fun.
    I'll be signing on your followers list too.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, the kids want to see you waving your arms next time your back! Just don't give them too many ideas, R-Bob has some King n him too, ya know! Hope you enjoyed your "Not so Spring Break", it looks like you were one busy little bee, as usual! Can't wait to see the invites!PB Snowy Kisses to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not much of a list maker myself,
    but can sure appreciate yours!

    that is quite a list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have deja vu about your list...I make those myself. This weather has sure been crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!