Sunday, March 7, 2010


We have one of those plates on our SUV that shows a certain bird facing off with a certain cat and underneath it says... House Divided". My very sweet "DOC" does not like this plate. He would much prefer if it read..."A House United". Much of our life has been about uniting. We've brought together the family God sent us and we've tried to make everyone feel special while also making everyone part of the "team".
Of course that's all well and good until it comes to "Doc's" team loyalty around college sports. "Doc" is the Webster definition of loyal when it comes to his beloved J-hawks.

Doc-2 a KU grad! We're proud of you son!

One of our kiddos went to KU for 6 years, getting a Masters in Bio-Chemical Engineering before going to med school. But then the last 2 decided to go to KSU.
Did it break his heart? Nope, not at all. I thought it would.
People around town thought it would.
Even "Doc" thought it would but...nope it didn't 'cause we're a "House United".
"Doc" even let "the attorney, thank you very much" go to the KU/K State game in a purple shirt on Wed. (of course, even that didn't help K-State)
Now with that history, Doc wants to say....
ITS A GREAT WEEK TO BE A JAYHAWK!
  1. KU beat KSU ---sweet
  2. KSU lost to I-State---sweeter
  3. KU beat MU ---sweetest
  4. North Carolina lost B-I-I-I-G-G-G time
  5. and just to top it all off...Syracuse lost
Just to belabour the point: not only must KU win, everyone else must lose.

Now, next week might not be so sweet...even I can remember last year's first round loss...but to quote Ga-Pa "let's make hay while the sun shines!"

To switch gears and not to imply that God has any favorites when it comes to B-Ball...This week's memory verse is:
The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.
Zeph. 3:17

My bulbs are coming up, in the middle of a very messy flower bed, but still it is a sure sign that spring is on it's way!


The sports show is in town and I'm going to drag "doc" there after church so I can show him just how downright cute those little RVs are and how a cute little RV would be perfect for a 62 y/o Dr. and his much younger wife to use to explore the sweet life on the road. Wish me luck!

(A few hours later...at the Sports Show)


Some special, only 150 in the world, Camero...
(I don't really know, I only pretended to be interested so we could get to the RVs.)

Two blonde beauties!
Rose and "Cowgirl-n-pearls" are going buy me a pontoon boat...only $15,000 including trailer


This isn't an RV it's a trailer. I can't back a trailer.


"This is nice...I could cook in this kitchen"
Yep, bet you could!


"Actually, statistics show that..."

I don't think I talked "Doc" into getting an RV...There weren't even any at the Sport's Show. However, all's well that ends...hmmm...well!

Nap time! It is Sunday afterall!

4 comments:

  1. Precious precious precious....(oh and it's up for an Oscar too!) but your blog is an Oscar!! I loved today's .... Go KU?...Go KSU?...Does it really matter Eddie?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "United" better than the "Divided" for those families that find themselves in that situation. :-)
    Course we are KSU fans here at this house, because son goes to school there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That there is an RRR VVV Clark.
    You can let Doc know that my guy is on Suicide Watch after the 2 KSU losses.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning ~
    Thank you for stopping by~ I so enjoyed my visit today. You have a lovely family and a wonderful blog. I will be back.
    So happy to meet you.
    Happy Monday~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!