Monday, March 29, 2010

Some assembly may be required


(For some reason I'm having computer difficulties. If no pictures are showing, please come back later...perhaps I'll have resolved the issue by then. I'm always having issues!)


The Before picture...

The After...
Before....
and After....
Got the idea?

I woke up Sunday morning, the sun was shining, there was love and peace in my heart. We left for church and still all was well. We shared in a lovely, moving Palm Sunday service. Afterwards, we ate at Hong Kong Buffet. Still good. (I had my usual innocuous Stir Fried Vegetables.) It wasn't until after we had finished dinner that I made my fatal mistake. It must have been the dazzling sunshine or the promise of Spring in the air that clouded my judgement.
And so, without so much as a twit of insight I said..."I want to stop at Office Max to check on cameras".
For Pete's sake! What was I thinking? Why would I let two males go to Office Max with me? One runs a business and the other wants to run a business! The next thing I know we're loading up a new set of office furniture for "Doc's" office.
The good news...no...the best possible of all news.... It has to be assembled!!!

"Piece of cake!" "Won't take long at all." "What else are we going to do today, anyway?"

Oh I don't know...maybe mow, trim rose bushes or take your darling wife out for a diet cherry limeade.

"We'll do that later, after we put the desk, hutch and 3 chairs together. It shouldn't take more than an hour or so."

Silly me, I believed them!
It must be bad... A man has resorted to reading the instructions!


Spice and I were exiled from the room, banished, ordered out.
They put poor little Spice behind bars just because he ate one little screw. Oh, the injustice!
"Mom, we need all these screws!"
(What kind of a dumb dog eats screws, anyway?)


Team work and seven hours of measuring, figuring, assembling and Voile!! we have a desk...

...sort of, have a desk

"JamJar, we can't finish it until after we move it into my office and we can't move it into my office until Johnny Mike comes back next weekend and we're going to leave it here in the family room until then where it won't be in any one's way."
Well, thank goodness for that. I would hate for it to be in any one's way.

Goodbye, I'm going to my "happy place" now.

(close ups of the flowers "Doc" sent me last week---still beautiful!)


Oh, and by the way, just in case anyone is asking...no, I still don't have a new camera.


3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Good to hear it's not in anyones way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh Oh! If TK sees this, she'll have something to say about all the stuff in the basement that's in her way of storing more stuff!

    Poor Spicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Men do think way differently
    than we women. It's good to know that it's out of the way.
    Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!