Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In My Front Room...

I had a most trying day. I was frustrated 'cause my computer wouldn't connect. After playing w/ it all day, I finally called and even Cox couldn't find anything wrong. I got down on my hands and knees and crawled back behind the desk and started plugging and unplugging and replugging and quess what? Yep! She started right up. (My computer is a "she".) Baby Spice likes to snuggle down under the desk while I post and I think he must have jarred something loose.
Since my computer was down I had plenty of time to practice the piano. Gospel songs were on the agenda. I pounded them out and sang way-off key. Heaven only knows what the neighbors thought! Since I was in the front room playing, I happened to think you might like to see a couple of gifts that I got and that I keep on the front room love seat...


I have received two wonderful gifts from my "co-n-law", Sue. Both are shown in this picture: Baby Spice and the beautiful quilt. It's easier to keep the quilt on the love seat than it is to keep
Spice off the love seat.



Sue makes the most generous gifts. In the past we have gotten handmade books and a son-n-law, but this quilt has to be one of the best. (I'm not taking anything away from the "son-n-law" but I get to keep the quilt at my house.) This quilt was pieced by Sue last summer and she gave it to me for Christmas this year. I absolutely love, love, love it!
She told me "I love to quilt because I get to line everything up perfectly exact, just the way things should always be!" Isn't that something?
We love our "co-n-laws".

What did I eat today?
I'm glad you asked!
B: 2 pieces bacon -- 1 whole wheat toast
L: Chili
D: Maui-maui w/ shrimp &tomato topper with Salad (Doc took me out to Red Lobster after hearing my sad, sad tale regarding the computer)!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to quit my job and become a blogger..your day sounded great to me!!!! The quilt is beautiful and I'm actually surprised you haven't made one (or two or three). Have a great time in OKC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello...Thanks for taking the time to comment. Opening a comment is akin to receiving a gift...I'm always excited and usually pleased! Oh, Sweet Marmalade! Remember that line "Life is like a box of chocolates"? Well, sometimes comments are like that, never know what I'll get but always sweet of you to bother. Here's to the sweet life!